Are you experiencing violence or the threat of violence in your life, or in the life of someone you care about? At home, in school, while dating or at work? Do you have questions or need help in identifying or making a change? PAVE Advocates work with you directly to provide information, referrals and services to victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, and related crimes such as stalking and dating violence. Read “Know the Signs of Domestic Abuse“ for more information.
PAVE advocates can help you with:
- Safety planning for yourself and your family.
- Assistance with restraining orders for immediate situations or preventative ones, such as a former abuser being released from incarceration.
- Accompanying you to the hospital, police station, court, or appropriate social services agency to provide support throughout the process.
- Criminal court advocacy.
- Legal referral services for certain situations.
- Limited emergency shelter or transitional housing, or referrals to other shelters if our own is full. We also have access to shelters across the country for victims who wish to relocate.
- Support groups for battered women and adult survivors of child sexual assault.
- Education classes, parenting classes, online videos, workshops and presentations, tailored to the needs of a school, organization or group.