“It’s not a lack of female modesty, but a sense of male entitlement that leads to sexual violence. And the idea that we women can change men’s behavior by changing our clothes is not only disconcerting- it has been debunked. As millions of women know all too well, no one ever avoided a rape by wearing a longer skirt.” Anne K. Ream
Have you experienced sexual violence or the threat of violence, or has someone you care about? Do you have questions or need help? The quote above addresses sexual violence between men and women, but sexual violence can take place between any two people. PAVE offers assistance to every person in need.
PAVE Advocates can provide a range of information, referrals and services to victims about surviving sexual assault, and related issues such as stalking and dating violence.
PAVE advocates can help you with:
- Safety planning for yourself and your family.
- Assistance with restraining orders for immediate situations or preventative ones, such as a former abuser being released soon from incarceration.
- Accompany you to the hospital, police station, court, or appropriate social services agency to provide support throughout the process.
- Legal referral services for certain situations.
- Limited emergency shelter or transitional housing, or referrals to other shelters if our own is full. We also have access to shelters across the country for victims who wish to relocate.
- Support groups for battered women and adult survivors of child sexual assault.