Domestic violence is a pattern of behavior designed to gain and maintain control over another person by using fear, humiliation, verbal, physical threats, or violence.
Identifying the Signs of Abuse
Has your intimate partner ever:
- Humiliated you in private or public?
- Kept you from working, controlled money, made all decisions?
- Pressured you or forced you to have sex?
- Pressured you or forced you to do sexual things you were not comfortable with
- Threaten to hurt themselves if they don’t get what they want?
- Pushed, grabbed, slapped, or bit you
- Hit, punched, kicked, or strangled you?
- Stalked you, including calling you constantly or following you?
- Hurt or threatened you with a weapon?
If you have identified one or more of the signs in your relationship, we are here for you. Our Hotline is available 24/7, you are not alone.