PAVE advocate at DOC
PAVE advocate at DOC
Full Time – 40 Hrs per
The mission of Project Against Violent Encounters (PAVE) is to end domestic and sexual violence and to provide supportive and educational services to individuals, families, and the community.
The Advocate provides individual advocacy, and ongoing case management services for those affected by domestic violence, sexual violence, dating violence and stalking. The individual working in this position will empower individuals and families navigating the legal system. A sound understanding of the Vermont Legal system is preferred. This position requires healthy boundaries and the ability to follow safety protocols in a calm manner. The employee must have the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Applicant must have good oral and written communication skills. Attention to accurate documentation is essential. Applicants must be available to take shifts on our 24hour hotline.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide Advocacy and case management to survivors.
- Aide survivors in submitting legal paperwork for RFA, No Trespass, and Stay Away Orders
- Advocate for survivors in regards to Custody and other legal matters
- Provide proper referrals to legal services when needed.
- Support victims/families with PSI interviews.
- Work closely with the victims’ advocates in the State Attorney’s Office.
- Attend weekly Unit meeting at the State Attorney’s office
- Train Law Enforcement on Advocacy Initiated Response program and be the point person for this program.
- Facilitate Domestic Violence Task Force meetings.
- Maintain and submit all contact sheets and complete progress reports bi-annually
- Associate’s degree in human service field. Work experience may substitute for education.
- Two (2) years experience in crisis intervention and domestic violence advocacy preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver services.
- Ability to interact with adults and children of all ages.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Must pass background check.